Today’s workplace is becoming more competitive due to the increased globalization and growing mobility of the workforce. Employers are challenged with identifying qualified applicants, and applicants are seeking to differentiate themselves. Background checks and drug tests are one way applicants can demonstrate they are ready to work for a particular position. Research by the Aberdeen Group has found organizations that complete background screening secure a higher percentage of talent that meets an employer’s hiring criteria. Here you will receive suggested preparation, implementation and legal consideration for fortifying your background checking and drug testing programs.
- Introduction: Why background checks and drug tests
- Preparation: The key to a successful candidate screening experience
- Implementation: Job-specific screening packages for best results
- Compliance: Legal considerations to show due diligence
- Appendix A: Types of background checks and drug tests reviewed
- Appendix B: Alternative drug test and occupational health options