First Advantage’s Unmatched Global Capabilities Capture Background Screening Insights around the World
ATLANTA, May 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — First Advantage, a global leader in background check and drug screening solutions, today released the third report of its five-part series examining the state of the industry in 2019. Uniquely positioned at an international level, First Advantage conducted background searches that leveraged data in more than 175 countries and territories last year and has a global footprint reflected in the report: “Global Trends & Insights by Region.”
This research, based on aggregated data from more than 66 million screens cross-referenced against survey responses from enterprise customers, considers global behaviors, including turnaround time, seasonality and discrepancy rates as factors impacting talent acquisition by region. Included in the report are high-level insights as well as information specific to EMEA, India, APAC, Canada and LATAM and the U.S. From here, First Advantage identified five global takeaways:
- Companies screen for two reasons: To protect their brand and to ensure candidates have the right qualifications or skills for the job.
- Global screens are up year over year as companies see higher numbers of candidates with an employment or education history outside of their current country of residence.
- The top five locations for these global candidates include India, Australia, Canada, China and the United Kingdom.
- Mobile candidate communications impact the ability to quickly gather missing information, with mobile use on the rise and mobile users forecasted to reach 4.68 billion worldwide in 2019.
- Over 50 percent of CVs and resumes around the world contain at least one discrepancy. While this statistic may seem high, it accounts for everything—from employment and education verifications to professional qualifications, memberships and licenses.
In addition to these overarching trends, First Advantage also drilled down into each region, spotlighting how U.S.-based searches for candidates with international backgrounds increased by 13 percent from 2017 to 2018; the seasonality of screening in APAC, with a lower screening/hiring volume noted around the Lunar New Year, reaching a high point by the middle of the year; and breakdowns of discrepancy rates by verification type and job category in India. Collectively, this research offers companies a deeper understanding of current screening practices and how the results correlate with candidate experiences and ultimately, hiring outcomes across the globe.
First Advantage CEO Scott Staples said, “With different factors to account for across countries and regions, this latest report provides a broader global perspective, essential to those companies recruiting and hiring in multiple locations. At the same time, it reinforces the value and importance of a quality candidate experience, supported by an efficient, effective background screening process, regardless of locale.”
“Global Trends & Insights by Region” is available for a limited time only. To download a complimentary copy, please visit http://learn.fadv.com/2019TopScreeningTrendsPart3.
About First Advantage
First Advantage provides comprehensive background screening, identity and information solutions that give employers and housing providers access to actionable information that results in faster, more accurate people decisions. With an advanced global technology platform and superior customer service delivered by experts who understand local markets, First Advantage helps customers around the world build fully scalable, configurable screening programs that meet their unique needs. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, First Advantage has offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
To learn more, please visit fadv.com.