Updated June 8, 2021
HewardMills serves as the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for First Advantage in Europe. The DPO’s responsibilities are outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in Member State legislation. The appointment of a DPO is mandatory under GDPR for many organisations, regardless of their size or whether they are processing personal data as a Data Controller or a Data Processor. This is mainly because they are either public authorities, their core activities consist of regular and systematic monitoring of Data Subjects, or involves processing special categories of personal data, on a large scale.
HewardMills is a global DPO office with a multidisciplinary team of data professionals. HewardMills has a wide range of skills and expertise within its team, further supported by a network of trusted strategic partners. Known for its integrity and long-lasting embedded relationships, their focus is on integrity, ethics and protecting customers and Data Subjects. HewardMills assist customers around the world with building robust data protection compliance programs on 4 fundamental pillars: Corporate Governance, Privacy Operations, Polices & Procedures and Training & Awareness.
HewardMills as First Advantage’s DPO
HewardMills supports First Advantage and helps build a robust compliance programme around the 4 pillars.
- Corporate Governance
- Data protection corporate governance structures
- Registrations and notifications with the appropriate data protection authorities
- Privacy Operations
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Record of Processing Activities (RoPAs)
- Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA)
- Data Subject Rights Requests (DSRRs)
- Privacy by Design and by Default
- Breach management planning and response plans
- Policies and Procedures Training & awareness
- Point of contact for the Data Protection Authorities
- Local regulatory requirements
For more information on HewardMills, please visit https://hewardmills.com/.
Are You a Small Business?
Get started now with easy-order